Tuesday, December 09, 2008

12.9 Christmas list

Carole picked this up and passed it on - I'm going to answer it in pieces.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I tried to get into making gift bags one year, but lost steam and wound up donating the fabric to the quilting group for Christmas quilts.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I had a really bad reaction to the last real tree, and while we’re pretty sure it was a reaction to the fungicide on the tree and not the tree itself, a. we have an artificial tree now and b. J isn’t willing to risk me having another bad reaction. Considering that he was the one who had to deal with sealing the room off and with getting through Christmas with me prostrate on the sofa, I suppose he's allowed to have the deciding vote.
3. When do you put up the tree? A week or two before Christmas.
4. When do you take the tree down? The weekend after New Year’s Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes. I did not as a child, but it seems to be a taste one grows into (as so many tastes are), particularly when it’s made with fresh ingredients. Is there anything that isn't better when made with fresh ingredients?
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My plastic-horse-on-springs. I adored my bouncy horse and rode it for years. It would thump backwards across the floor as I rode and then thump-thump-thump again the baseboards, so it was not my mother's favorite.

No comments: