Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12.16 Gone!

I wore my navy blue shawl today. The one I knit from my first real handspun, the first time that I actually spun enough for more than just a hat. One ply dark brown Corriedale, one ply tussah silk. Knit in a halfcircle shawl from Martha Waterman's Traditional Lace Shawls. Garment dyed a medium blue, the Corriedale went navy, and the tussah silk went bright blue, little twinkling dots in the dark navy. It wasn't the best spinning ever; I could pick out the underspun and bulgy places if I looked, but it's warm and lacy, and always garners compliments.

I went shopping today (out to the parking lot, drive to the book store, walk through the parking lot, all through the bookstore Christmas shopping, walk through the parking lot, drive to the grocery store, walk through the parking lot, all through the grocery store, walk through the parking lot, drive back to the office, walk back through the parking lot). When I left, I had my shawl. When I returned, I didn't. As near as I can tell, it slithered down my back at some point, squeezed between my slick blouse and the slick lining of my coat. It isn't visible in any parking lot, and wasn't turned in at either store.

Someone (not me) apparently has a very nice shawl.

Can I throw something?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I think you can definitely throw something. Preferably something that will break loudly and satisfyingly. Poor you.