Sunday, November 18, 2007

I got to spinning guild yesterday, for the first time since... ? I honestly don't remember. I think I got to the last meeting before the Fiber Festival (which was in September), so that would have been August? Except that I think we were in Canada at the August meeting, so maybe it was July.

Obviously, it's been a while.

It was just a small meeting - I only counted 53 people. I was only one of the spindlers this time. Most people bring their wheels or one of their wheels and the room gets pretty crowded after a while. I did manage to pick up some ground lamb (yum) and breakfast sausage. The shepherd with the lamb for sale had brought a casserole with the breakfast sausage and it was some of the best I'd ever tasted. Some came home with me and I ordered more for next month, since my purchases were limited by the cash I had on hand, not having brought the checkbook.

One of the women brought a cast iron table-clamp quill wheel, which had a squirrel cage swift rising above it. That was fun to see, and will be even better when she gets it cleaned up and completely working. I don't know which stores she haunts but she always has the most interesting antiques.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've tagged you for a noblopomo meme!