Thursday, February 26, 2009

2.27 amaryllis

The amaryllis is also blooming. This is one of the three bulbs that I had from last year. After ignoring them and letting them die back, I repotted them, fed them, moved them into sunlight, and started watering again. This one immediately started up with the blooms, right next door to the poinsettia going to town. The others have not yet done anything except green up - no flower stalk, no leaves. I suspect they will eventually put up leaves and I will encourage them to go through the cycle of building up their bulb. Maybe they'll bloom next year.
I love having indoor flowers at this time of year - I need it when it's so ugh outside.

1 comment:

beadlizard said...

Beautiful!

The first daylilies are blooming on our block. Looks like rain again.