Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I finished another couple of new (to me) books this week - Salt a World History, and In a Sunburned Country and thoroughly enjoyed them. It struck me as noteworthy while I was reading each of them that they had tie-ins to other books I've read recently, and then it dawned on me that if one is going to read books that talk about history, it doesn't really matter whether it is geological history or anthropological history, they are probably going to touch on some of the same topics. (duh!) (I know, there's probably some head thunks going on right there. I'm sorry.)
Of course, the book I'm reading now A Short History of Everything actually references not the same historical time but the same (other) book I'm reading, Annals of the Former World. And this leads me to the next book I'm planning on requesting from the library, A Guide to the End of the World. What fun!

No comments: