Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fingerlakes fiber fest

This past weekend was the Fingerlakes Fiber Festival, in Hemlock NY. K, a friend Linda, and I went down on Sunday. We wandered around happily for a couple of hours, meeting friends and admiring goods, before we sat down to Artichokes French (K only went for the food, she claimed).

I bought a few things:
The yarn was from previous years' purchases, but I had decided I needed a nice semi-solid brown to frame it with. Voila!
brownbfl
I think it will work nicely.

Also, I picked up some High Bid Farm BFL in purple dots. Bob Geiger has taken over the dye duties. He's using the same colorways, but the technique is dottier. I really think I'm going to like it.

highbidpurple

2 comments:

gayle said...

That's a festival I've been meaning to go to for awhile. My dad lives in the Fingerlakes, so I figure I can do the two birds with one stone bit.
Of course, I never seem to remember to look up when it is...

Elizabeth said...

FFF is always the third weekend in September. It's a nice little festival, put on by the local spinning guild, and always seems to be a little bigger than the year before.