Monday, February 09, 2009

2.9 autumn leaf skein

I've been spinning the autumn leaf fiber I got from Freyalyn. Three ply, about worsted grist (although I haven't measured it yet). This is the first skein; the second is ready to be taken off the bobbin onto the niddy. One more skein to go.
I don't know whether it's the fiber or the fact that the soap I used was the cedar-eucalyptus, but the orange-striped one will not leave this skein alone. I caught him leaping up from the edge of the laundry room sink to pull it down from the rack where it was dripdrying. He pulled it down from the bathroom towel rack twice, once right in front me*, the second time messing with the skein structure so much that I'm going to have to re-skein it. Needless to say that was after I had taken this picture.
I don't know what I'm going to do when I actually start knitting with this.

*He had come into the bathroom with me when I was in there. It's a tiny bathroom. He wandered around the floor, then looked up, and cooly hooked a claw through the bottom of the skein and heaved. I yelled at him, picked him up, opened the door and tossed him out, shutting the door firmly behind him. K said afterwards that she heard me yell, came to see what was wrong, and saw the cat come flying out of the bathroom**. She decided she didn't need to know what was wrong and went away quietly.

** No cats were harmed in the making of this story. Only his dignity was ruffled.


No comments: