Thursday, January 01, 2009

1.1 on the 8th day of Christmas

We woke up to more snow on the ground. Let's see - that makes 9 inches this go round. J and I shoveled the drive so that he could go stand out in a field of snow, shooting off model rockets. He took his skis, another guy brought snowshoes, and a third brought a snowmobile for chasing rockets. They had about 40 people show up, and had a great day - sunny, just a little wind, and not too cold (just 25 F).

I let K & S sleep in until they woke up (11 am), for the first time this holiday (mean mom that I am). I made them help me fix tamales this afternoon and planned to make cheesecake this evening, until I couldn't find my springform pan. J finally located it, packed inside a cookie tin in the basement (why? who knows) but by that time I had lost my cheesecake mojo. Maybe tomorrow.

I've gotten a bit of knitting done - mostly knitting assembly, actually. I've gone back to working on J's Oberstdorf (that finishing-things-up impulse I mentioned before) and managed to swing past a potential roadblack. I finished the last two rounds on the second sleeve and then got the sleeves and body assembled together on the long needle so that I could do the first two rounds of the yoke. That assembly bit was liable to be a stopper if I didn't hurry through it. The next sticky point is identifying where the zipper placket needs to be placed, but I don't actually have to do that for an inch or so after the top of the colorwork and that actually has another seven rounds to go, so I'm safe for a day or so. At 400+ stitches per round, each round takes a little while.

No comments: