Tuesday, July 01, 2008

7.1 square foot gardening book

Well, Sylvia wins the mink-lined whatsit - I picked up a copy of this book last winter and I've got my squares all lined up. I'm not sure I'll have all my squares filled in this year, but maybe next.
The answer to Norma's question is that IF I have baby snapping turtles, they are under the zucchini seedlings in the bed not pictured the other day. I find myself strangely reluctant to plant too much in that bed.
I plan to encourage the squashes to lean over OFF the bed. This will preclude J's being able to properly mow around the beds, but he got over it the last time I had watermelon and pumpkin vines everywhere, so I expect he'll get over it this time, too.

1 comment:

beadlizard said...

What kind of whatsit?! LOL. I actually had mink in my Montana garden. Live ones. Mama and her little kits. They stayed out of the hen house so we got along just fine. Don't think I'd want to wear her, though. Can't imagine she'd sit still very long.