Monday, May 19, 2008

5.19 Reading weekly

This week has been a mix of new books and old.

S has been bugging me for a new set of books to read. I had started to give him the Wizard books by Stasheff, but couldn't find the first book in the series. So I gave him the Flinx books, starting with The Tar-Aiym Krang. I have the first four books in the series, but apparently there are a bunch more nowadays (I suppose I'll have to look into that).

Having gotten the books out and seeing them laying around the house, I picked them up and started.

1. For Love of Mother-Not by Alan Dean Foster
2. The Tar-Aiym Krang by Alan Dean Foster
3. Orphan Star by Alan Dean Foster


4. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch Definitely worth reading and I'm going to see if I can get the kids to read it too.
5. The Curse of Chalion by Lois McMaster Bujold I've liked her science fiction books - this is fantasy, and very well crafted.

No comments: