Friday, February 08, 2008

2.8 This space intentionally left blank

Mostly because my mind is a complete blank.

On the good side, it isn't raining and freezing any more, just drizzling snow at a temperature that might preclude more sleet for a while.
And on the even better side, my software is making progress.
(On the down side, the software isn't done yet, so there is always the chance it will leap out upon me and savage me yet again tomorrow, but that's a problem for tomorrow.)
(Also on the down side, my knitting partner couldn't get together for our 2nd Friday knitting night because she has bronchitis, which is the pits.)
On the good side, because I didn't stay out knitting til 9, I finished the rest of my weekly homework (not to be confused with my project homework) and now I get to go put my woolie socks on and sit on the sofa and knit and go to bed early.

I'm slowly working my way through the abc-along blogroll, adding them to my personal blogroll. I started by grabbing the (unfinished) blogroll in its entirety, but I didn't wait until the list was done. I figured that since I was going to have to go through the blogroll one by one to figure out which ones I was missing or I was going to have to dump the whole thing and start over (but I couldn't remember exactly how I did it and don't have the energy to look it all up again). So I compromised - I dumped it and I'm going through the list one blog at a time.

I know, I'm weird. But, there is a method to my madness. This time, since I'm adding them one at a time and since bloglines shows the most recent 10 posts when you add a new one, I'm taking a quick peek at the entries before I decide to keep them. I'm honestly not planning to add all 200+ blogs to my blogroll permanently. (That would way more than double the number of entries on my blogroll.) Some blogs are already on my list - I don't need duplicates. Some blogs are already on my nerves - having them around for a year (more or less) will annoy the heck out of me. (I don't plan to point out which they are and, not that I think anyone will, I'd rather people didn't point it out for me.) Having signed up for the abc-along, I'd like to watch what other people do with it as well. At the end of the year, I plan to dump the list. Or at least, what's left of it after moving any that become favorites to my main list.

I'm just happy that most of the abc-along-ers have not also signed up for blog365. I couldn't stand the pace.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I found a lot of good reading in the original ABC-along.