Friday, March 23, 2007

This... is a closeup (with flash) of this...
which is the beginnings of a beadlizard cabled rib scarf. I don't often knit two of the same thing, but it's a fun knit and the last time I did was a couple of years ago.

This is...

several things, actually. On the left is ... not an abandoned project, but shall we say - in hiatus. Silk and beautiful, but in hiatus. On the right we have the third pale beast bobbin. In the middle is the soon-to-be-dark beast bobbin, and supporting it all is a Ewesful Kate. Pine, I think, and just finished with wax. I use the Wood Beams on it every now and then. It's tensioned with fishing line and an Ashford spinning wheel spring, which I need a new one of since I sprung this one. It still works, it just looks funky.
Side view shows the sheep cut out - there's one on either side.
And here we have the fourth pale beast bobbin, in progress.

There has been no cooking of note at this house for some time (otherwise I promise I would have noted it). I'm about ready to make mushroom parmesan soup again. Other than that...

I seem to be full of ellipses today. Sorry about that. At least I promise not to sprinkle them through my writing like parmesan cheese over pizza.

2 comments:

beadlizard said...

I like it! --syl, bogged down in tax prep and other blather, will try to write soon

fibergal said...

Nice Kate. Have you ever tried latex rubber bands instead of springs? Works well and lasts long. You want the kind used for little girl braids so their hair doesn't get pulled out. My rubberband still works very well after 7 years and counting.