Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year

I made all my resolutions back in September. Most of them are perking along happily - one or two still to be implemented.

One goal I had this year - the 50 book challenge - almost got there. #48 - Sincerely, Andy Rooney by Andy Rooney. It might have been 50 had I not gotten sidetracked by Librarything. I've started cataloging my books there and this of course has lead to a great deal of re-reading. Counts as reading but not for the challenge, where I specifically was only counting new books.

I think I'll try again for the 50 books this year. At the least, it's a push to break out of my rut. I'm been feeling like I've been in a whole bunch of ruts and breaking out of any of them is a good thing.

In other news, the weather is being completely unlike itself. Still in the 40s and 50s, with the grass green, we are not yet suffering from an excess of white which is striking other areas. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

No comments: