Friday, December 02, 2005



The most recent of the spindle spinning on the Lollipops. One strand angora fluff spun from top and two strands denim blue silk top. I have about twice or three times as much silk as angora, so it's becoming two ply silk when I run out of angora.


I'm not sure what any of this is going to become - partly it depends on the yardage I wind up with. How many yards can 2 oz angora and 4 oz silk turn into?


The angora is being spun on the CA Poppy spindle, and the silk is being spun on the snowflake spindle. I'm just eyeballing the amount on each spindle and since the angora is thicker in the strand than the silk is, I wind up with more silk than angora, which doesn't bother me (as noted above). The silk strands came out within inches of each other, so I guess the eyeballing is working for my purposes.





The other spindle is a newly acquired butterfly spindle from Quantum Spindles in ambrosia maple. It is lighter than it would seem at first appearances, which sort of threw me off when I first got it. It's going to be interesting to see what a full cop is on this one since I'm starting with a thinner grist than I would on another spindle I have of this size but heavier.

No comments: