Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Chili and further commentary on the cross stitch

Ok, the chili is on, doing it's thing. I won't be here at dinner fixing time (long story, never mind) and I won't be here at pre-dinner fixing time, hence the need for the crock pot to do its thing.

Chili

1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground lamb
1 can stewed tomatoes with italian seasoning whirred up in the blender with 1 can (8oz )tomato sauce
12-14 oz beef broth
1 can red kidney beans
2 or 3 T ancho chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4-1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder

Brown meats, drain grease, cook in crockpot on high for 3-4 hours til tasty.
Serve with cornbread.

Commentary on cross stitch.
What I meant to add earlier before I interrupted myself was: It's white Lugana, 25 stitches to the inch, using Q-snaps for stretchers, with the obligatory dime for comparison. Not that the dime is really discernable, but you get the idea.

No comments: